Wednesday, February 14, 2007

How to be Professional

Fueled by rage, anger, and pain; I put the truck in reverse and quickly try to back out of the spot. My feet moved too fast, I killed the engine. This only put more coal on the fire that was burning inside of me. I could feel the hate flow through my body. I needed to unload on somebody...Anybody. Not the one that started this fire, not her. But a catalyst.

The truck started with ease and pulled out of the spot quickly. Determined not to stall, I peeled out and sped quickly down the main street. Shouts of "slow down" and "that guy is crazy" came at me in the little white truck. I was focused on one person.

I got to the center and parked with the engine running, I knew I'd only be a second. I walked into the office with a big smile and hello. I see the doctor, one of many that raise my blood pressure. I shake his hand with a grin knowing exactly what will happen next. "Hello Doctor, I just wanted to come in and tell you; that you are a horrible person. You make life difficult for everybody around you. I can't wait for you to leave and then I will have nothing to do with you ever again. I just wanted to tell you that."

"But, wait, can I ask you somethin..."

"No, I'll see you on the 15th" 15th is the day he leaves, a day that will bring music, children laughing, confetti, and joyus trumpets.

As I turned to leave, I catch the secretary/wife sitting there with her jaw wide open; as if somebody had just defecated on her husbands lap. Maybe I should have...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you stop blogging? Took me a good 3 days to read through all of your stuff. Did you convert to Christianity and now speak at schools about the effect of alcoholism? Or did your liver just give out...?

Too Bad. Entertaining as hell. Sorry you're bald.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home