Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thanks for the Love

I just want to draw attention to a comment sombody left on a post not too long ago:



Heidi Oceanview said...
Why did you stop blogging? Took me a good 3 days to read through all of your stuff. Did you convert to Christianity and now speak at schools about the effect of alcoholism? Or did your liver just give out...?Too Bad. Entertaining as hell. Sorry you're bald.



It makes me feel good that people who don't know me read my blog. (God, I hope I don't know Heidi Oceanview; sorry if I do). To address some of your concerns Heidi:

1) I have not stopped drinking. My liver is still chugging along. Don't worry, when it dies I have a good doctor buddy of mine who has me on the waiting list for a liver transplant. I told him to throw me on there twice, because a replacement liver doesn't last as long as my originial manufactured one.

2) I haven't been to church in a really long time (I have a fear of bursting into flames upon entry); I am also not a good role model for kids to listen to. When I was in college, I was speaking to my friends Dorm kids, on a pannel with five other people. Sombody asked how much I study in my major and how long to I spend on homework. I told them I don't study much, just the day before a test; and I don't have much homework in my major. My friend gave me a glare and said, "you can't tell them that; we're trying to motivate them to do better and work harder in school". I made it up to the kids by going on a beer run for them. My friend was glad she didn't have to go on another beer run for the under 21'ers.

3) I guess this last one isn't a concern of yours but more of mine; 'sorry your bald'? I didn't realize I complain about that often. I'm over it, I save a lot of money on hair cuts. I just look for a girl that has thick hair so my kids have a chance.

So, for all those like Ms. Oceanview, who enjoy my writings; please stop by more often. I will write more of my drunken expeditions. Peace, Love, and Shafadedness forever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't misinterpret the previous comment made about your hair, it was genuine sympathy.

However, you're a funny writer. Other people got a kick out of this line: "I just look for a girl with thick hair so my kids stand a chance".

Between me and You I stumbled accross your blog trying to locate someone else, started reading, got hooked, got caught reading it at work (story about your drunk friends getting people to fight on Bart or Muni or whatever) my boss started reading it, it kinda spread to a few others, and then today I got emailed saying "That guy who write stories about getting drunk wrote about your comment". So what started out as a wrong link ended up getting you about 8 solid fans. You're more popular than PBS.

Keep up the good work.

And yes, I can read between the lines.

Take Care. Thanks for the laughs.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home