Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Booze helps, until your sober

I love Zeitgeist.

"A double crown and a pitch of Stella"

"Neat?"

"Yeah", who the fuck gets a double crown on ice? He must have thought the same thing because he smirked and gave it to me. I knock my head back and let the whiskey slide down my gullet before the pitcher reaches me. When your heart had just been ripped out of your chest and thrown on the sidewalk while you're walking around in the city during rush hour; a double shot of crap whiskey doesn't even phase you. Not even a little gag, just pure and bitter hate.

"Glasses?"

"One"

It's Monday and already I have had the start of a horrible week. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if the world was nuked tomorrow. At least I wouldn't have to finish the rest of this week. How come shit seems to come down all at once?

This past Saturday (well the 7th, technically) was the anniversary of Babajohn's passing. As Mat said, "the coolest member of my family". So on Saturday, we went to his grave and visited him. It is funny, he loved to garden and the grass is the greenest six feet above him. It was surprisingly easy for me, considering every time I have gone to his grave before I have cried like a little girl. There's not one day that passes that my family or I do not mention him.

Anyway, we're driving over the hill and at the bottom are sitting three cops on either side of the road slowing traffic down. I almost make it through when one prick signals me to stop and pull to the side. This fuck tells me that he is stopping me for the front license plate (which fell off thanks to a certain someone) and my tint on my front passenger windows. I tell him the plate is in the trunk and I need to fix it. The guy gives me a ticket for both the tint and the front license plate. I asked him what they were doing and he said the community wants to see more of a presence, so here they are; harassing the fucking community. One cop pulls away and the other cops stop traffic for him. This fuck hands me the ticket and tells me to be careful when pulling out into traffic, "What, you're not going to stop it for me?" What an asshole. So I do the only thing that a man who just visited his dead grandfather and was pulled over for a stupid fix it ticket; I peeled out and kicked up dust all over him. Dust-in-his-eyes.

The very next day, our shopping center gets robbed. WHY DON'T YOU FUCKS TRY TO STOP CRIMES INSTEAD OF HARASSING POOR FUCKS LIKE ME! I hate fucking cops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home