Monday, November 19, 2007

And Now For Something, Completly Different

Since I was 18, I think I've had at least a few alcoholic beverages each week. So, I'm 25 now; that's a good, solid, 7 years of drinking almost everyday. So I decided after I spent a 9 hour flight returning from Japan with one of the worst hangovers ever, that I was due for a break. So I took a week and half off from drinking. Which is saying a lot. Last Thursday was the first time I've ever been in a bar and did not order a drink. I went to bingo night with Mat and I told him that I was on a break outside of the bar. When we get inside he says, "What do you want to drink?". "A water is fine". He looked at me strange, as if the words I said outside and my drink choice still shocked him. "Wow, you're not drinking?" As if his brain (which just scored a 35 on the MCAT) couldn't comprehend that an alcoholic was not partaking in a beer.

But don't you worry, I was tempted many of times. I want to say this was a lesson in "you hit the booze, you loose", but I just think sombody was fucking with me. Because I won bingo, not only once, BUT TWICE! And for those of you who don't know, you get a free drink from the bar with each win. I gave them away graciously. I bought Mat an "Absolute Manberry", which is vodka cranberry with Mandrin Orange Absolute. I got this other dude that was hanging out a "Brosef", which sounds quite disgusting. It's a shot of Absolute Citron dropped into a glass of Sparks and then chugged. (I tried the Brosef on another night and it tastes like Flinstones Vitamins, but leaves you with a wicked hangover in the morning). The guy who slamed the Brosef went from pretty drunk, to absolutly hammered. It was quite funny and intreguing. I still don't know why we decided to do two of them the other night. Oh well. Lesson learned. You hit the booze, you loose (at bingo).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home